1.07.2012

To parent or not to parent, that is the question!?!?!

So my friend J ( andahomecomingqueen.com , read her blog)and I were tweeting back and forth today about joining the Mom Club. An elite, strong group of women courageous enough to raise children, develop our future, carry on our traditions, well ideally. Fellow ladies who sacrifice sleep, privacy in the bathroom and the ability to be frivolous with money and time.

Now I see the benefits, I see the frustrating times and the unconditional love from parent to child. Yet 80% of the time I want nothing to do with another full time job. I'm a wife, daughter, sister, granddaughter, cousin, colleague, boss, dog momma, friend, house keeper, bill payer, tax official, DIY guru and so much more. While I do have the large cranium my family produces, I don't know that I can wear another hat.

Partner that with the laundry list of medical issues within our families, ready? Leukemia, lymphoma, breast cancer, Parkinson's disease, asthma, emphysema, heart disease, degenerative eye disease, copd, thyroid deficiencies and a fabulously slow working metabolism, oh and all of that's with our immediate family.

I just feel that it would be selfish to bring a child into that. I guess only time will tell. I don't know that it might be something I regret not doing, but for now, it is not our focus. I'm happy being a wife. After nearly 8 years together, and almost 5 years married we are always asked about babies, but there it is. It might not ever happen. Even though we choose that I somehow feel guilty for letting my family down. If we ever change our mind our kid will be absolutely adorable. Ugh, the life of a women who despite it all catches baby fever.

1 comment:

  1. I think you and Pat would make amazing parents. But you are pretty freaking amazing right now, so if you decide not to have children, you would still have an incredible, fulfilling life.

    ReplyDelete