6.08.2013

Us

So, for anyone that reads and doesn't know, I'd like to introduce my honey. He is by far the best match for me. We are silly and goofy. We make each other laugh and we drive each other crazy. He has a temper but never with me. He is so honest and respectful. He loves animals and has a soft spot for kids. He is my world.


This is a picture of us from a few years back. I think it's a cute photo. It's so us- in a car, at a light, taking photos. We never take pictures (it's something I want to work on) but on this day we took a ton. He got annoyed because I kept saying, "I don't like that one. Let's take another", again and again. It was ridiculous.

Pat and I met when I was 21. I was a senior in college, living at home, surrounded by my best friends and brother. We had a ton of fun, hung out every day and it is one of my 'the good old days' time frames, for sure. I was seeing a boy from a band that I was close friends with. It was a secret relationship, like 3 people knew we were together. Ok maybe more but they played it off that it was less obvious. Pat played a show with him at some place about 45 minutes from my family home. I remember this because his singer had this really gross open wound on his arm, okay- okay- it was covered but I felt like I could see it... I commented on his cute face but was with someone. Moving on....

A few weeks later I was single and was on a website for people who liked hardcore and metal music. It was locally run, so you would see everyone at shows. As Valentine's Day approached someone (Pat) posted a thread about not wanting to be alone for V-Day. I sent a message to him, privately, that he was too cute to be spending that holiday alone. From there we exchanged AIM usernames- did I just age myself? We chatted regularly. I was a flirty person, so I chatted with a bunch of dudes, and never thought anything would happen between him and I. The night before Valentine's Day a bunch of us headed to a show to watch a few friends play. I made all my guy friends really cheesy V-Day cards with pick up lines. It was hilarious- at least to me. I asked Pat if he was going to be there and he said no. I took that as my blow off and moved on. I had a date set up for V-day. Off to the show we go and this F'er is there.

Can we say awkward? Anyway- we kept chatting but I was far less invested. About 2 weeks later he said that we should meet. Eh, maybe. Then a few hours/days later, I said yes. The next weekend we met at a mall 1/2 way between us. Oh, I forgot...Pat lived about an hour and a half from me. We walked around the mall and then spent hours sitting in his truck and driving through town. He used a really slick line to get his first kiss... and by slick I mean lame but I was wondering when he was going to kiss me...and as he says- it worked. We finally decided to go to a movie and he dropped me back to my car. He tells me he is the only first date he didn't bring flowers for and for a date that was from 5-1130p he didn't even buy dinner- Sheesh! None of that mattered because I was smitten. We spent the week emailing and calling each other and then he came up to my house for the weekend. It was fun being together and have literally been inseparable since. We are almost at 10 years together and it feels like yesterday that our first date happened. Taylor Swifts "Everything has changed" was what I felt like after that date. Still does.



Love him! So lucky!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment